Permissions software is for publishers that give and request permissions to use content. It tracks permissions given, to whom it was given and under what terms. Permissions software tell you who gave you permission to use specific content in your products.
Example 1: An author’s book may use a chart from a magazine. This software tracks the request for permission to use this chart, whether or not permission was granted and under what terms it was granted.
Example 2: Your author finds content from his book in another book. He contacts his publisher and an editor consults the permissions software to determine if the other publisher has permission to use the content from the author’s book.
Though many publishers use an outside service; such as the Copyright Clearance Center RightsLink, to sell permissions, permissions software calculates the royalties due on these sales.
Bradbury Phillips Rights Manager 2000 has an optional permissions module. This module holds details of your permissions. Produces invoice and exports information to Word Processor. Will chase on Overdue Permissions money, where you have granted the permission etc. Available in MS Access and MS SQL versions.
knkPublishing Rights, Royalties and Permissions Management enables publishers to efficiently manage the whole process from purchasing rights from authors or contributors, to managing the corresponding royalties and finally selling rights for different product formats e.g. to be translated into other languages or for the production of merchandise, movies and a lot more.
Publishing Technology’s Advance Permissions module is used by McGraw-Hill Education to manage permissions acquisitions for their educational texts.
Using a browser plug-in, editorial, design and permissions-clearance teams can track permissions acquired across multiple products along with usage and financial information.
- Accelerate permissions acquisition through structured workflow and approval processes
- Record and monitor permissions with defined usage criteria to ensure compliance with usage contracts
- Expedite acquisition for new products or clearing/re-permissioning rights for existing products
- Confirm validity of permissions before marketing/selling subsidiary rights
- Monitor legal risk by verifying compliance to permissions contracts whether time- , print-run- or restriction-based
- Avoid duplicate costs for permission licensing for multiple products
- Reduce permissions expense through contract-based and target-based licensing, meet quotas and get the benefit of bulk use
- Track permissions cost to forecasts and budgets
- Load product information and track payments by interfacing directly with fulfillment systems
- Configure dashboards, templates, process flows and product records to individual specifications
This affordable PC based software tracks permissions that a publisher gives and receives. This application integrates with Easy Royalties.
Virtusales Permissions module is used by Harvard University Press.